Hello everyone! Welcome back to the Spring Semester at UMB!
CAN had a busy Fall filled with activities and research for the CCBEL grant and putting on a fundraiser for CUPs Coffee House which raised nearly 9,000 dollars for the non profit workforce development organization located in Southwest Baltimore.
Below are some CAN accomplishments from Fall 2014:
- CAN’s Research Team completed 121 surveys in SW Baltimore regarding community student collaboration and engagement (through the CCBEL grant)
- CAN’s Research Team completed 3 focus groups with over 20 community stakeholders in the SW Baltimore area (through CCBEL grant)
- CUPs Team successfully put on Coffee and a Cause, selling nearly 200 tickets and raising $9,000 for CUPs (Thanks to UMB USGA as sponsors!)
- CAN partnered with OASIS, SGA and other student groups at SSW to donate goods and volunteer hours to Project FEAST
- Students from CAN volunteered at the Pigtown Mainstreet Festival in October 2014
This Spring 2015:
- CAN’s Research Team will work to partner with and learn about student groups across the University to establish better communication and collaboration
- CAN will be working with UMB website developers to publish a tool on UMB’s website to enhance student and community collaboration
- CAN is partnering with The Office of Community Engagement to hold a Vendor Day at UMB where local vendors will share food samples with students and learn how to become an approved vendor at UMB through the procurement process
- CAN will be putting on food tours in March and April: free lunch and walking food tour of restaurants and cultural hot spots in Southwest Baltimore open to all UMB students (sign ups are limited!)
- CAN will be working to transition leadership to continuing students at UMB to carry CAN’s mission forward in future years
If you have ANY questions about CAN, please email Polly: email@example.com, Megan: firstname.lastname@example.org or Elizabeth, email@example.com,